Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Break Bread

Had to call a coworker yesterday. He was altered--drunk? stoned? Yuck. Anyhow, he asked me what I want for Christmas. I told him, "Nothing really. How about a million dollars?"

He said, "No, seriously. What do you really want for Christmas."

* * * * *

I have much to be thankful for.

I have a great job. Just got a promotion. I have a nice roof over my head. I have friends, family, love. I have it all. Life is good.

Top Three Christmases:

Christmas 2008. Christmas at home with M. I am truly happy. Life is great. I am in love.

Christmas 2005. Christmas in Scotland with A. Morning jog in Edinburgh; scrumptious English breakfast then fabulous Goose dinner with root vegetables and haggis; colored paper crowns; cigarettes.

Christmas 1998. First Christmas with B (who taught me the joy of Christmas). Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas"; my first tree; flannel dog pyjamas.

1 comment:

  1. haggis. Wouldn't be so quick to include that in my top ten but you my girl, are special! But not special like your altered co-worker special...

    ReplyDelete